Start-up essential: Masterclass EU Lobbying
With the EU increasingly scrutinising a fast-growing digital health industry, three new players have ramped up their efforts: medical devices companies increasingly investing in medical technology and health technology to support their portfolio; big tech diversifying into health and wellbeing; and digital health scaleups realising the importance of the future regulations on their own commercial objectives.
This session will look at:
- What lobbying/public affairs is, and why EU-level lobbying is just as important as national lobbying.
- What the key policy developments are in digital health at the EU level, and how these will affect companies, patients and healthcare systems.
- Why developing a lobbying/public affairs strategy is essential for your company.
- How to practically develop and implement a lobbying/public affairs strategy and what best practice looks like.
- How to pool resources with other companies to take a resource-efficient approach to lobbying/public affairs.
Format of the session
Given that the understanding of what lobbying is and how it works at the EU level tends to be quite limited, this session will include:
- A basic theoretical background supported by real-life examples of work
- Practical exercises to learn how to devise your own lobbying strategy, and how to collaborate with other organisations to find common goals.
Ali started her career back in London, initially working on national lobbying in the UK. She is now the client lead for some of Hanover’s largest clients, including Apple in light of its expansion to health and wellbeing.
Masterclass EU Lobbying
Lange Gasthuisstraat 29/31 , 2000 Antwerp